Location: Sierra Vista public library conference room, 2600 E. Tacoma St.
Date: Saturday, March 26th 2016
- 28 April Ubuntu Hour 1800-1900 hours Schlotzsky’s Cafe (hosted by Rex Bouwense)
- 07 May, 11th Annual West End Fair 1000-1700. We still need some volunteers to assist in manning the booth. (0900-1200, 1200-1500, and 1500-1800). So at least three people, one for each period. The first and third periods will assist in set up and tear down respectively. Rex Bouwense and Louie Garcia have also volunteered to be there the entire time. We still need additional volunteers to assist. Contact an administrator if you can help. A discussion on items needed followed and it was decided to do a complete full up dress rehearsal on the 30th at 1000 at the Port Royale apartments. Attend if you can.
- 11 May CLUG meeting UA South, Room C165A.
- 14 May Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus) release party scheduled for 14 May from 1400 until ??. The location is 5831 W. Kesler St., Chandler. The release date was 21 April. Rex Bouwense is planning on driving up there so we can probably get together a car pool list for that. It is more of a social event and the intent is to meet and greet although wifi will be available to install the new release should anyone want to do that. The host for the event will be Mr & Mrs Walter Mack (wmack on IRC). Hamburger and hot dogs with appropriate condiments as well as soda will be provided. If you plan to attend please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org with a number attending and any side dish that you plan on bringing to assist in defraying the cost for our host.
- If you have a topic that you would like to present to the group or would like to see a topic presented please contact one of the administrators.
- Down the road – AZLOCO & PLUG co-sponsor an install-fest on the first & third Saturdays of each month. We are welcome to attend. Louie and I have attended two and I would like to get together another group to car pool up to Tempe. We are exploring the possibility of holding an Install fest/Linux Workshop here in Sierra Vista so to see how they run theirs would be informative. Todd Cole is looking at using a church meeting room with wifi and fixing or donating a computer as payment. Interesting idea.
- Todd Cole has donated a desktop with Lubuntu already installed. He wants us to find a home for it.
- The presentation to high/middle school computer clubs is still without a POC. If you would like to head this worthy project, please notify any administrator.