Location: Sierra Vista public library conference room
Date: Saturday, February 25, 2017
There were 13 attendees, three of which were new to the Group
- 04 March AZLOCO/PLUG installfest/Linux Workshop, 1000-1600, UAT, 2625 W. Baseline Rd, Tempe
- 08 March CLUG Meeting, 1700-1800 UA South, Resource Learning Center, 1140 Colombo Ave. Sierra Vista
- 18 March AZLOCO/PLUG Installfest/Linux Workshop, 1000-1600, UAT, 2625 W. Baseline Rd., Tempe
- 23 March Ubuntu Hour, 1800-1900, Schlotzsky’s Cafe, 3900 Fry Blvd, Sierra Vista
- 25 March, 1300-1530, Sierra Vista public library conference room, 2600 East Tacoma St. Sierra Vista
- Presentation for high/middle school computer clubs. Project Manager Chris Braswell. No update at this time.
- West End Fair 6 May 2017. This years project manager will be Louie Garcia. There were 9 individuals who manned the information booth last year so Louie will be asking for volunteers this year to do the same thing. It is pure information. No installing or demonstations.
- Greg Christ will be giving a presentation on Virtual Machines on March 25th.
- Chris Braswell will be giving a presentation on a Programing Language for Quantum Computers. Time: TBA
Recent Linux/FOSS News Items:
- Ubuntu 16.04.2 has been released and Rex Bouwense is in the process of updating all of our install media.
- Rex Bouwense has the computers and computer related parts that Bruce Adamson has donated to the Group. If you are in need of anything please check with him.
- A presentation was given by Rex Bouwense on how to configure your Software Updater in Ubuntu and the three ways to update your system
- In the follow on discussion activating the GUFW was also covered.