Location: Sierra Vista public library conference room, 2600 E. Tacoma St.
Date: Saturday, June 25th 2016
- 02 July AZLOCO/PLUG install-fest, 1000-1600 at UAT, 2625 W. Baseline Rd. Tempe. CANCELED.
- 13 July CLUG meeting, 1700-1800 at UA South, classroom C165A
- 16 July AZLOCO/PLUG install-fest, 1000-1600, UAT, 2625 W. Baseline Rd, Tempe
- 23 July CLUG meeting, 1400-1545, Sierra Vista public library conference room, 2600 E. Tacoma, Sierra Vista
- 28 July Ubuntu Hour, 1800-1900, Schlotzsky’s Cafe, 3900 Fry Blvd, Sierra Vista.
- Please give some thought to presentations that you would like to see given and those that you could do for the group. They can be on anything from a Linux operating system to your favorite FOSS. Chris has a presentation on his LAN that he wants to give.
- Down the road – AZLOCO & PLUG co-sponsor an install-fest on the first & third Saturdays of each month. We of course are welcome to attend. Louie Garcia, David Garcia, David Gose, and Rex Bouwense have attended and we would like to get together another group to car pool up to Tempe on the 16th. So far Rex, Greg, and Chris (tentative) are planning on going. We are exploring the possibility of holding an Installation festival/Linux Workshop here in Sierra Vista so to see how they run theirs would be informative.
- Rex Bouwense has been approved as a Ubuntu member.
Community Projects Update:
- Re-furbishing computers with Linux OS and donating them. Officially on hold.
- A slide show/presentation for high/middle school computer clubs. A Group POC is still needed to coordinate with the club Rex Bouwense already has the start of a presentation prepared.
- Sierra Vista night Christmas Parade. Louie Garcia has graciously volunteered to be the POC since he has this innate desire to dress up as a penguin. No update at this time.
- UbunCon. Rex Bouwense is responsible for creating a strawman to determine the feasibility of this activity for AZLOCO. This activity is on going.
- A presentation was given to the group by Bruce Adamson on terminal commands. It was well received because the attendees were actually inputing the information into their computers and could see the result. Consensus was that we would like Bruce to continue this presentation and schedule a part II.