Location: Schlotzsky’s Cafe, 3900 Fry Blvd.
Date: Thursday, March 24th 2016
- 26 March, CLUG meeting, 1400-1545 at the SV Public Library conference room.
- 02 April, AZLOCO/PLUG Installfest, UAT, 2625 W. Baseline Rd., Tempe.
- 13 April, CLUG meeting, 1700-1800 at the University of Arizona, Sierra Vista campus, room C165A.
- 16 April, AZLOCO/PLUG Installfest, UAT, 2625 W. Baseline Rd., Tempe.
- 23 April, CLUG meeting, 1400-1545, Sierra Vista public library, conference room.
- 28 April, Sierra Vista Ubuntu Hour, 1800-1900 at Schlotzsky’s Cafe. Hosted by Rex Bouwense.
- 07 May, Participation in West End Fair. We will have a booth in coordination with the CLUG (since our membership and participation overlap). The set up will begin at 0900 and the Fair will run from 1000-1700. We need volunteers to man the booth. I will be there for the whole time period and Louie Garcia has also volunteered to do the same so we will set up the booth. I already have a canopy and two small tables. I have been promised the Ubuntu banner from AZLOCO by Todd Cole which we can pick up if anyone drives to Phoenix or he will send it down. We do not have power. Not sure if we need it. I still need some folding chairs and some volunteers to assist in manning the booth. (0900-1200. 1200-1500, and 1500-1800). So three people, one for each period. The first and third periods will assist in set up and tear down respectively. David Garcia, Rose Leonard, and David Goes have tentatively volunteered.
- 14 May, Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus) release party, 1400- ??. The location is 5831 Kesler St., Chandler. The release date is 21 April. Rex Bouwense plans on driving up there so we can probably get together a car pool list for that. It is more of a social event and the intent is to meet and greet although wifi will be available to install the new release should anyone want to do that. The host for the event will be Mr & Mrs Walter Mack (wmack on IRC). Hamburger and hot dogs with appropriate condiments as well as soda will be provided. If you plan to attend please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org with a number attending and any side dish that you plan on bringing to assist in defraying the cost for our host.
For those of you that use Ubuntu and are interested. https://www.linux.com/news/software/applications/891689-ubuntu-1604-something-to-get-excited-about. No more Ubuntu Software Center in the new release.
David Garcia has also come up with an idea for the booth, a coloring station for the little kids while we are talking to the parents about Linux. This can easily be added to the booth with the addition of another table and some a couple of more chairs as well as some pictures for them to color.